March 5, 2012

Functional Circuts Part 3

One of the first tools I like to use is the Trx, and I've taken some of these circuits for my own use from coach Alwyn Cosgrove. Essentially you are going to pick 3 exercises to use with the Trx, do 6-8 reps of each for as many rounds as you can fit. I typically like to try and involve a push, a pull, and some type of lower body exercise or two lower body and one upper body. If you visit Fitness in any place can find all the unique Trx exercises on their website. The Trx allows us to use some body weight or less than body weight exercises to growth volume without huge joint load and even add extra scapular retraction work for shoulder condition (see pic).

Kettlebells are also great tools and you can find more kettlebell workouts on the Internet than I can list here, so I'll save my breath. What I will add, however, is that with these I tend to use only 2-3 exercises or mixture exercises (i.e. Front squat w/ a push press) and will sometimes add in jump rope. With the momentum of a kettlebell and increased load (versus a Trx). You can speedily originate a valuable "alarm" phase in the normal Adaptation Syndrome. Too much stress is difficult to recover from-although with the right soft tissue modalities and nutrition it's amazing what you can recover from.

Trx Circuit 1




Push Ups
Inverted Row
Single Leg Squat

Trx Circuit 2

Suspended Lunge
Atomic Push up
Power Pull

and many others...

As an added benefit something like this travels well (

Functional Circuts Part 3

Everton FC Blog Electric Motors and Drives